Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sky at home with me

I myself finally picked up my Sky on January the 2nd. I would have liked to take her sooner, but I had already booked a New Years trip to Prague months ago. Prague was great but all I could think about was Sky and when I would finally be able to come and take her homeJ. So on the second day of the New Year, it was Friday, I got there with my boyfriend Riccardo, my sister Ana and her boyfriend Aleš. Ana and I were crazy about the collies while the boys were more impressed by Neda’s other incredible dog – a German Shepherd Pax. We played for a while with them all and then the big moment came. I took Sky in my arms and we left…she was a little bit scared and she vomited right after the first corner, but after a while she had calmed down and fell asleep in my arms.



When we came home, Sky was great. She was not afraid of the strong wind outside or of all the strange things and furniture inside. We gave her a big bone and she gnawed it with pleasure.


She really charmed my parents and my grandma. First they all said: ‘No dog in the house’. Then: ‘Ok, but only in your room’. But when they saw her, they forgot about all that and she is now allowed to go everywhere she wants – even to the kitchen:)



The first night I put her in a box in my room but she was crying and I had to take her outside to pee 3 times. At the end I put her on my bed, between Riccardo and me, and she was happy. She slept like an angel.


We really enjoyed the first week together. My sisters were home and my boyfriend stayed here as well.






She enjoyed discovering our garden and the nature around us.



She really likes running, playing and learning new tricks.
She learned to ‘sit’, ‘lay down’, ‘give me a paw’, ‘jump’ and ‘bark’ in just 5 days:).




When everybody left – my sisters went to Ljubljana and Maribor and Riccardo back to Rome – we were left by ourselves. But we are having a great time together. We sleep together, eat at the same time, go for long walks and play all the time. She brought so much happiness to my life:).

Sometimes ‘aunt’ Polona visits us and Sky loves her. Every time she sees her, she greets her with a ‘puddle’ of excitement ;)

Neda, thank you so much for giving me my little angel!

No comments: