Monday, January 26, 2009

Dog Show in Ljubljana

My sister Ana and I visited a dog show in Ljubljana. We were really excited because we have never been to a dog show before. Ana wanted to see her dream dogs – Chihuahua,


but I went there especially to see, what I think is the most beautiful breed of them all – A Rough Collie. And I wasn’t disappointed; there were some really beautiful collies.






My favourite one was the star of the show, Miss Hitparade, who was also a BOB and BOG2 winner.

Miss Hitparade Di Cambiano

But mainly I went there to see the first performance of Neda’s youngest collie, a sable collie called Dolly. Dolly is adorable, she is so sweet and she looks like a little lion with her thick fur. She impressed the judge on Sunday’s show and got great assessment and she even got junior BOB and BOB2!:)

Desir de Gloire du Chant des Madones - Dolly

Polona joined me in the afternoon because she wanted to see her future dog to be – a very rare breed – Appenzeller. There were just 4 dogs in this category but after seeing them she was even surer she wants exactly that dog.

Black Appenzeller Dina and brown Appenzeller Hanibal

Other dogs that impressed me were my second favourites Siberian Husky and Alaskan Malamute,



blue merle Australian Shepherds,


blue merle Border Collies

Nice of You to Come by One More - Phoebe

big and elegant Great Danes



and a dog I saw for the first time but really charmed me – the American Akita.


If I could, I would have all that breeds at home but for now my little Sky is more that enough – she has enough energy for 10 dogs:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lepa je ta tvoja Sky, predvidevam da je tud Polona že prevzela svojga appenzellerja?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words about Hit Parade, and you picked up the right one... she is now in england, winning there too! Your blue puppy looks very nice. Alex